THE BAKED APPLE SURPRISE
So you think the Baked Apple Surprise is sweet ? Make no mistake, its core is savoury !
Feeds 4 :
- 4 JOYA® apples
- 200g of blue cheese
- 4 slices of bacon
- 200g of oat, flax, and sunflower seed mixture...
- 65g of butter
- 1 egg
- 1Cut the apples to ⅔ of their height then remove the cores.
- 2Cut the blue cheese into thin slices, then make 8 cheese circles (4 small ones and 4 large ones) using 2 biscuit cutters.
- 3Combine the leftover cheese, cereal mixture, butter and egg in a salad bowl to make a crumble topping.
- 4Grill the bacon and cut it into strips.
- 5Garnish the apples starting with the little blue cheese circles, followed by the crumble and then the bacon. Finish by covering everything with the large blue cheese circle.
- 6Bake at 180 ° for 15 minutes.
- 7Serve hot without forgetting to cover with the apple top, because a surprise always comes hidden !